The concentration of hydroponics nutrients in your solution is one of the deciding elements for the success of your garden. When you get this done right, you will definitely have remarkable yields. But when something goes wrong, you will only waste your time and money. But don’t fret, mixing hydroponics nutrients can be less complicated than you think. Just follow the tips and guidelines here and you can mix the nutrients with excellence.
1.Only use distilled water. The water you will use has to be run through a filtration system, like a reverse osmosis system. Don’t use tap water, as it often contains ion and other elements that could be harmful to your hydroponic system.
2. Pour water into a food-grade plastic container. You could use an empty one-gallon or four-liter milk jug if your reservoir is quite small. Use a 5-gallon twenty-liter water container, if your reservoir is bigger.
3. Measure out the hydroponics nutrients. Use a sterilized filter paper and a plastic chemical scoop to hold dry chemicals. With a graduated cylinder or a beaker, measure the liquid nutrients for Hydroponics. For a full 5-gallon container, measure out the following: 5 teaspoons 25 milliliters of CaNO3; 1/3 tsp or 1.7 ml of K2SO4; 1 2/3 tsp or 8.3 milliliters KNO3; 1 1/4 teaspoon or 6.25 milliliters of KH2PO4; 3.5 teaspoons or 17.5 milliliters MgSO4; and 2/5 teaspoon (2 ml) trace element compound.
4. Place a small plastic funnel into the mouth of the container. You can mix ingredients without using a funnel, but with its assistance, you will avoid spills that can ruin the balance of your nutrient solution.
5. One by one, add the nutrients to the water. See to it that you perform this step slowly to avoid spills, overflows, and other similar loss of nutrients.
6. Put the cap back to the container and then shake. Be sure that the lid is properly screwed or snapped into place. Shake the container with your hands for approximately 60 seconds to mix the ingredients well. If the cap can’t be fixed tightly in place, you may be required to hold it with your fingers while you shake. If the container is too big or too heavy for you to shake, you could just stir the nutrient solution using a long piece of sterilized steel or other clean rod. But remember that shaking is still the best method of thoroughly combining the ingredients. Stirring can also be an effective way so long as you perform it for a longer period of time.
7. Store the nutrients until ready for use. Keep it in a dark, room temperature place and re-shake the nutrients before use.
If you’re still unsure on how to properly mix nutrients on your own, or you simply wanted to have pre-mixed hydroponics nutrients that are effective and that can give you excellent yields, check out the website of CX Hydroponics at www.cxhydroponics.net.